Ever since I went on my first cruise in 2014, I became obsessed with cruising. With 7 cruises under my belt I have come up with a list of essential items you should never forget to pack! I’m not adding to this list things like: bikini, flip-flops, sunglasses, etc. It’s a list of things you might not have thought of… So, I hope you enjoy it! Shop all my CRUISE ESSENTIALS here!
1. Extension chord with multiple outlets: There’s about 1 plug in your room, not even kidding, so an extension chord with multiple outlets is really nice to have. There won’t be an outlet by your bed either, so if you like to plug your phone in at night and keep it close, this will also come in handy.
2. Waterproof Phone Case: I love having this because you can go in the pool or ocean with it and your phone will not get wet. Even if just to prevent spills. The JOTO is my favorite.
3. Reusable Water Bottle: You’ll want to stay hydrated on your cruise, and when you leave the ship, it’s nice to fill your own water bottle with water, so you don’t have to buy water (and more plastic) wherever you go.
4. Ginger Pills: If you are prone to getting sea sick, like I am, these are a must. You can start taking them before you even leave on your cruise. Ginger is a natural remedy for motion sickness. I get mine from Amazon.
5. Sea-Band Wristband: If I forget everything else, I hope I never forget these. I’ve used them at every single cruise I’ve been too. It brings immediate relief for me. I also sleep with them on.
6. Reusable Silicone Storage Bags: I bring a handful of these to carry with me in case I need to put my wet swim suit in my purse, or if I want to take a snack or sandwich from the cruise to an excursion, etc. Or put something I don’t want wet, like a book, etc. I find these have multiple uses.
7. Clips: I LOVE having these on my travels. I use them for things like clipping curtains together so the sun doesn’t come in in the morning, or clipping my towel to a chair so the wind doesn’t blow it away. Much better than using a hair clip!
8. Sunscreen/First Aid Kit: The cruise does sell things like sunscreen, ibuprofen, band-aids, but at a very high premium. A small first aid kit might not be a bad idea, and make sure you bring enough sunscreen. I only pack a carry on for my cruises, so I bring 2-3 travel sized bottles.
9. Card/key Holder: Your room key is what you’ll use to make purchases, as well as get inside of your room. That means you’ll need it all the time. I like having a card holder so I can easily find it in my bag, and sometimes I’ll even wear it around my neck if I don’t want to carry a bag (although I think it looks kind of tacky, just saying).
10. WINE! Check with your cruise line as they all have different policies, but both Carnival, and Royal allow each person to bring a bottle of wine in their carry-on luggage!
I’ve done 4 cruises with the ladies above! We are the “cruise girls” and we have sooo much fun together! On our first cruise together, in 2014, I met my husband!!! So cruising holds a very special place in my heart!
I’ll be posting more Cruise Tips soon! Stay Tuned!